Have your cake and eat it too … for BREAKFAST!
These fluffy, moist carrot cake waffles are sure to SPICE up your morning! Pair them with a side of Protein Cheesecake Dip to bring out all the best flavors of a traditional Carrot Cake with the added bonus of extra protein, and start your day with something sweet!
- 1/2 scoop Breakfast in Bed GLAM PRO
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white (or 3 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp granulated stevia/monk fruit(optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 3 tbsp grated carrots
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp 1% cottage cheese(whipped is best)
- 2 tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Almond or coconut milk whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat Waffle Iron
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and spices together in a large bowl
- Add in the eggs, milk, yogurt, and vanilla and mix well
- Fold in the grated carrots and chopped pecans
- Once waffle iron is ready, pour batter even into the waffle iron. You may need to use nonstick spray, depending on your waffle iron. Choose the heat level based on how crisp you want the outside.
- While the waffles are cooking, add all dip ingredients together into a small bowl.
- Whisk all the ingredients together quickly for about 1 minute. You may also use a hand mixer if you prefer
- Once the waffles are cooked, remove them and transfer them to a dish to serve
- Serve the dip in a small bowl on the side